RD532 Boiler user manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mother-in-Law has moved into a bungalow that has a British Gas RD532 boiler, which has no instructions whatsoever. Please can someone advise where I can obtain a user manual for this model? British Gas website is a waste of time.

I've replaced a radiator in the bathroom and the pressure is now fluctuating between 1 and 3 bars.

Sponsored Links
All a user manual is likely to tell you is how to vary the temperature control knob.

If you describe fully what you did and what now happens then someone might hazard a guess as to whats wrong.

But do describe it in great detail !

Tony

All a user manual is likely to tell you is how to vary the temperature control knob.

If you describe fully what you did and what now happens then someone might hazard a guess as to whats wrong.

But do describe it in great detail !

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for replying.

I replaced a radiator with a towel radiator, which required some minor plumbing, adjusting some pipes. The pipe work runs through the loft and comes down the walls to the rads. Each rad has a local drain plug, which I used to drain the water to allow me to to adjust the pipes. I drained approx a bucket full of water. After completing the pipe work and fitting everything, I turned the water back on and filled up the towel rad, bleeding it until full. After turning on the heating, all the rads quickly got hot apart from 2. The pressure went up to 4 bars, so I drained off some water until it settled back to 2. I then closed all the other rads until the 2 cold ones were hot, then gradually turned them all back on until all were hot. I release a little air from the release pipes in the loft.

Now all rads are hot but the pressure on the boiler fluctuates between 2 and 3, sometimes creeping into 4.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Pete

Reduce the pressure to 1.0 Bar when system is cold.

Then tell us what happens.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that is a rebadged Worcester Bosch boiler. Possibly the Greenstar 35cdi or similar. Go on WB site.

I can't back round there until the weekend, unless this is dangerous? If it is, I will make sure I try this tomorrow night.

What should I expect once I take it down to 1 when cold? Should I leave it cold and for how long? or turn the heating back on and report back? Probably stupid questions but don't want to screw this up.

I've just emailed worcester requesting a user manual. It would be good have something to refer to and MIL will be happier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back