Recomend a replacement for Dudley Turbo SSR toilet syphon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. recently our toilet had became difficult to flush but usually pumping the handle a couple of times got it going. Today however it has became alot harder to get the toilet to flush. I've had a look inside the cistern and it has a Dudley Turbo SSR syphon fitted. When I removed the blue section I noticed that the plastic diaphram is quite badly ripped. I don't think the SSR's are made any more and would like to know if I can replace the blue part of the SSR with one from a turbo 88 or can I just replace the diaphram? The white pipe that the blue part connects to is about 7-7 1/2 inches tall.

If i'm not able to do this swap what would be a good chice of replacement syphon? The toilet was fitted by the council many tears ago and I've since bought the house so can't get them back out.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you can't find one on line just cut a new diaphragm out of a heavy duty polythene bag

Cheers. Is the diaphragm easy to replace? I have a Plumb Centre near me and they can have one in stock for monday. Only 77p.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, my mistake. mine is an 88R so getting a replacement part won't be an issue. Think I need to get my eyes checked.

With regards to using a heavy duty polythene bag to make a replacement i'm guessing your on about something thicker than a bag for life from Asda?

If it's about the same thickness as the original it will do it as long as it's not biodegradable!! But if as the part is available not worth mucking about.
Dudly syphon once dismantled is a doddle to do, if you want a temp fix even a sandwich bag wrapped around the old one should get you out of trouble for a day or two.

Cheers for the help. I've used a bit of plastic from a bag for life, it's not as thick as the proper diaphragm but the toilet now flushes first time so it should hold until I can either get a repalcememt diaphragm or find a thicker bit of plastic to use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back