Replace elbow outside without draining system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a pressurised heating system that is housed outside in a utility room outside of the main house (concrete floors that drain straight outside), with the boiler in another room beside it. I have noticed a small crack in an elbow joint that is leaking very slowly when cold, but a little faster when the heating is on. It's on the hot water pipe after the pump. I was wondering if there would be any good way of replacing this without having to drain the whole system? Since the pipes are outside of the house it doesn't matter if it gets quite wet, as the pipe is a good distance from any electrics. Pipes are 22mm and the elbow connects to copper to a plastic. I've tried those freezing kits without any joy getting the elbow off the copper so want to just cut the joint off and replace with new one.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have a pressurised heating system that is housed outside in a utility room outside of the main house (concrete floors that drain straight outside), with the boiler in another room beside it. I have noticed a small crack in an elbow joint that is leaking very slowly when cold, but a little faster when the heating is on. It's on the hot water pipe after the pump. I was wondering if there would be any good way of replacing this without having to drain the whole system? Since the pipes are outside of the house it doesn't matter if it gets quite wet, as the pipe is a good distance from any electrics. Pipes are 22mm and the elbow connects to copper to a plastic. I've tried those freezing kits without any joy getting the elbow off the copper so want to just cut the joint off and replace with new one.

Put ur wetsuit on and snatch it if you're not bothered about getting anything wet, it will soon stop when the pressure in the boiler drops anyway.

Sponsored Links

Put ur wetsuit on and snatch it if you're not bothered about getting anything wet, it will soon stop when the pressure in the boiler drops anyway.

Better still as above but get a well endowed young lady in a white T shirt to do it while you watch! Oh and like leakydave said post pictures please! :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back