Replacement 9 Litre Exposed Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, don't know if anybody can help with this. Had a look around the Web without too much success.

Am looking for a plastic or ceramic replacement exposed cistern that can flush up to 9 Litres. Complication is that I want one which has the flush button on the top of the cistern rather than a handle on the front. Maximum cistern width would be around 50 cms.

Anybody who can mention a model number or supplier would be a great help.

As an aside, there are plenty of plastic cisterns with a front handle, some as cheap as £20 - £30 (eg, Wickes). Are these worth the effort of installing? Current plastic job has been in 25+ years.

Thank you.

Pedro

Sponsored Links
Do you know the make/model of the cistern you wish to replace? The Fordham flush panel springs to mind with a top button to operate flush if it's been there 25+ years, these are still available, e.g. http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.u...h-button-cistern---white---06021530-141-p.asp

As it's a replacement then 9l flush should be allowed, it's new pans/cisterns that need to be 6l flush. (Only to find the pan doesn't clear with 1 flush so you try again, then actually using more bl00dy water than you would have done using 9l in the 1st place...... :evil: )

Do you know the make/model of the cistern you wish to replace? The Fordham flush panel springs to mind with a top button to operate flush if it's been there 25+ years, these are still available, e.g. http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.u...h-button-cistern---white---06021530-141-p.asp

As it's a replacement then 9l flush should be allowed, it's new pans/cisterns that need to be 6l flush. (Only to find the pan doesn't clear with 1 flush so you try again, then actually using more bl00dy water than you would have done using 9l in the 1st place...... :evil: )

Hugh,

Many thanks. The item I wish to replace is also a Fordham. The one you mention is a bit wide and also seems to only allow a right hand cold water feed so no good (space limitation). Beginning to think that I will make the search easier if I go for a 6L model. Maybe firs try experimenting with a smaller flush volume with the existing cistern to get a handle (no pun intended) on how a 6L flush will cope.

Cheers

Pedro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back