Replacing an old mira shower with bottom right water/elec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just a quick question. A friend has asked me to replace a very old mira shower in a house he's just bought. The water and cable entries are on the bottom right whereas most miras seem to have entry on the left (except the "jump"). I was hoping to get an exact match to save any hassle but the water inlet seems a bit unusual, a quite big rotating valve that is facing rearwards (although iv read these should only be used up or down ). Does anybody know of any mira or otherwise showers that have this same setup?

Iv uploaded a picture of the old shower (I don't have the model number)

//www.diynot.com/network/Mmcgar/albums/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Email that pic to the very helpful people at showerdoc.com. They are quick to respond and will advise you on which shower is a direct replacement for that model. And if there is no direct replacement they will advise on the best alternative for easy fitting.

Thanks for the replies. The mira advance seems to be exactly wot I'm looking for... Except it's around 300 quid, I think my mate is looking to spend about half that. I might just go a cheap triton with multiple fittings, I'm a spark to trade but hopefully there won't b too much additional plumbing involved........ :confused:

Sponsored Links
Also have a look at the bristans. Not the best quality but cheap and have 5 different electrical and water connection options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back