Replacing basic room thermostat for programmable type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Trying to replace a basic room thermostat for a programmable type but not sure I have the right one. It's a wired connection and both are the same brand, Drayton. The old one is a Drayton RTS1 and the replacement one is a Digistat +3 model 22083 (battery type). Looking at them I think I need model 22087 or 22088 (mains). Please see photos.

Thanks in advance.

Thermostat3.jpg

Thermostat4.jpg

Thermostat1.jpg

Thermostat2.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Old L to new L, old 3 to new on. Terminate the old neutral and earth safely as they are not required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.

I've done that but something is not right. The central heating and hot water is on all the time when I set the controller to 'on' on the CH side regardless if the thermostat is 'on' or 'off' (flame symbol showing/not showing) Any ideas please?

Thanks again.

WP_201308173.jpg

WP_20130817.jpg

WP_201308172.jpg

Just wired the old thermostat back and it does the same if it's turned right down and set the CH side to 'on'...both the CH and HW turn on. If the controller is set to 'timed' on the CH side and the Advance button is pressed, the same happens.

This controller was a replacement after the old one became faulty and was replaced by British Gas in December 2011.

Some system set-ups allow for water only or water and heating.
You should have a cylinder stat to shut it off at the set temperature.

The Pumped/ Gravity link on the rear of the unit is in the Gravity (G) position so HW will be on whenever CH is on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back