Replacing Baxi 105e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi 105e has started getting faults after about 10 years service. Last time it was the diverter, now there are signs of very small water seapage from various joints (these very well may have been there all along, I didn't notice) and this morning it looks as though the pump is leaking.
I've been letting it run on quite low pressure (laziness and dumb I know) so this certainly won;t have helped but after having it repaired last year and now this I'm looking at replacing the boiler before other parts fail.

If I went with a Baxi Duo-tec 33 HE would the replacement be fairly straightforward in terms of pipework etc? If anyone wants to suggest a better alternative for a similar price then feel free! (I was also looking at the Ariston Clas 38 HE as it has a 5 year warranty)

Sponsored Links
Duotec have just been remodelled but you should still be able to buy the old model which will fit straight onto your existing jig with no pipework alterations at all . Just the addition of a condensate pipe .
The flue is offset a little to the 105e but there is a special elbow that allows the existing hole to be used.
Gas pipe may need upgrading but your installer will advise you if that is required.
Duotec is a good reliable boiler and would be your best choice for a straightforward no nonsense changeover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back