Replacing washer in kitchen mixer tap with lever handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mixer Tap on a kitchen sink - the type that have a lever handle you pull forward
Its not actually this model but like it
http://www.tapoutlet.co.uk/twin-lev...&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!44447935386!g!!19229992746

from MFI in 2007 - now its dripping
so I looked at the handles and it had a grab screw behind the handle - allen - so i removed the screw
and expected to slide the handle off the column and then unscrew the cover and be able to remove like a normal tap - find out what the washer type is - replace and refit - plans....

the handle would not move off at all
the hot water tap - the allen key would not turn the grab screw and twisted inside - so could not try that

used wd40 and still could not shift the handle off at all

it there something i'm missing ?

Sponsored Links
I have a Mixer Tap on a kitchen sink - the type that have a lever handle you pull forward
Its not actually this model but like it
http://www.tapoutlet.co.uk/twin-lev...&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!44447935386!g!!19229992746

from MFI in 2007 - now its dripping
so I looked at the handles and it had a grab screw behind the handle - allen - so i removed the screw
and expected to slide the handle off the column and then unscrew the cover and be able to remove like a normal tap - find out what the washer type is - replace and refit - plans....

the handle would not move off at all
the hot water tap - the allen key would not turn the grab screw and twisted inside - so could not try that

used wd40 and still could not shift the handle off at all

it there something i'm missing ?
Does the top of the tap handles have removable caps?

Sponsored Links
Normally cheaper to change the tap rather than try and fit the correct cartridges for it.

Andy

If its a Franke tap???? You normally undo the grub screws, pull off the levers, then the chrome valve cover unscrews (might need some help with some grips but with some cardboard around it so that it doesn't scratch the chrome.

thanks very much for the reply

If its a Franke tap???? You normally undo the grub screws, pull off the levers, then the chrome valve cover unscrews (might need some help with some grips but with some cardboard around it so that it doesn't scratch the chrome.
handle will not shift , so I think a tap will be next

heres a picture of the tap

any idea of make and replacement like this one

Most manufacturers will do something extremely similar to that.
Try Pegler, Bristan and Deva websites. Good makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back