Repressurise Ferroli Combi 77F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I think I need to repressurise my Combi 77F boiler. I recently bled some of the radiators and the pressure gauge is now at pretty much zero (assuming I'm to read the black needle and not the red one). The heating still kinda works but some radiators are hotter than others and some are still cooler at the top.

I understand the theory behind topping up the system but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Below is a picture of all the piping and that. I think I need to connect the red and white circled areas with a hose that I'm going to have to buy because I can't spot one anywhere else. If I turn the red circled valve water comes out so I'm pretty sure that's the right one but the white circled one has no valve; just a cap which I'll need a tool to remove. Any advice would be appreciated.

un14.jpg

Sponsored Links
The white pipe is a soldered stop end, and the red one is a washing machine connection. I would leave those be.
I guess the filling loop will be somewhere else on the system, maybe below a work top or something?
John :)

Thanks for replying. Had a look and pulled some stuff out of the cupboard to reveal the below:

o04v.jpg

The blue pipe looks promising as there is a knob I can turn but I thought you needed two, so I had a look under that and saw this little tap thing:

f6l0.jpg

But I don't want to go turning knobs and dials until I'm sure.

It looks to me as if the tap and the blue pipe is what you are looking for.....crack it open and watch for the pressure gauge to rise, but don't overdo it - go for 1 to 1.5 bar (usually).
The other tap looks like an ordinary mains stopcock.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Bingo! Turned the black tap and the pressure rose. Sitting comfortably at 1.5 now.

Such a simple fix but I needed to be sure. Thanks for your help!

YO!

Me again...

Having successfully pressurised the bolier I've been noticing the pressure drop daily by about a bar which I'm having to top up...

The only visible issue I can see is that there is a pretty severe leak under the sink P pipe.... is this what's causing the pressure drop? I'm not sure it is but it would be good to rule out between now and getting it fixed tomorrow...[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back