Restro fit underfloor heating for bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys,

I'm trying to think out the box a bit at the moment. I've finished installing a bathroom on the 1st floor. It's on timber joists, with ply then tiled. It's small.. floor area not including bath of about 3sqm. I was going to have a towel rad in there but thinking it might be crampt.

Is there any retro fit underfloor systems that I could put it from below, ie like rads sitting between the joists. The kitchen ceiling below will be 25mm thick.

A bit heath robinson, but a possibility?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Certainly, you can fix Aluminum plates(containing pipes) directly onto the underside of the plywood. Not too sure if you'll have sufficient output from the floor to heat your bathroom fully though. But it'll take the chill of the floor.

I think if I were you I'd have both a TR & some UFH.
HTH

That's exactly what I was thinking. it's as much to get the water off the floor. I filled the slight hole round the soil exit yesterday, suddenly realised without the draft from that, the water on the floor stayed there for hours.

Supplement with a smaller rad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back