rising a 1200 x 800 quadrant shower tray

Sponsored Links
When I did the one in our last house, I used WBP ply, 18mm probably, cut to she shape of the tray. screwed down to and supported on 4x2 timbers, timbers arranged so as to be able to get to trap and run the waste.

Tray bedded on a weak sand cement mix, alternatively use flexible tile adhesive.

When everything finished I used s length of wide uPVC trim round the plinth. Put in some small noggins of scrap timber around the edge of the plinth where necessary for extra fixings and fixed it with screw and plastic screw caps. Sealed along the top with silicone sealant.

There might be legs or a support frame available from the manufacturers.

thanks can you explain how you positioned the 4x2 timbers how many did you put in?

Well, it's all pretty vague now, it was about 12-13 years ago.

mine was a regular quadrant tray, 900mm IIRC. I think I probably put some in parallel to one wall, one abutting the wall, a couple more before the trap, maybe one after it and then a 2-3 short ones at right angle to that. Put in plenty I guess, it's not really much more effort

Sponsored Links
thanks can you explain how you positioned the 4x2 timbers how many did you put in?

What Galoka did was to make a false floor with the 4x2's fixed to raise the floor 4" and spaced about the same as normal joists, e.g. at 400 to 450 centres. It won't matter which way the 4x2's (or bigger like 5x2 if you need to) are placed so you use common sense to give easiest access to the trap (and drainage if possible), but the trap access is the most important. leaving a gap in the lengths if the waste pipe needs to go across where the timbers go.

ha ha

THE RISER KIT

most/all shower trays will come with an optional riser kit as an extra

If using wood dont over think it. It aint rocket science.

make a mini floor that avoids the waste, thick ply spreads the weight as does the tray itself!!!

ha ha

THE RISER KIT

make a mini floor that avoids the waste, thick ply spreads the weight as does the tray itself!!!

Will they do a riser kit for it with it begin such a big tray 1200 x 800?

ha ha

THE RISER KIT

Will they do a riser kit for it with it begin such a big tray 1200 x 800?

that isnt a big tray....

often fit 1700 trays into old bath spaces all come with riser kits

Are the riser kits/ legs ok to be installed on a floor boarded floor? Needing to rise the tray as joist run wrong way.

yes what else would they go on ha ha.

If the floor is weyrock its best to run planks at right angles to joists, but floor boards are fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back