room thermostat fault : Ideal Logic + Combi 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my boiler and wanted to pick some brains before I do anything else!

My Ideal Logic + Combi 24 no longer appears to be getting instructions from the R/F programmable room thermostat (this one : http://www.idealheating.com/downloads/manuals/204797.pdf).

The receiver unit flashes all five lights indicating that it gets no signal and appears to be running in emergency mode, i.e. the CH still comes on occasionally, but doesn't operate to the set room temperature from the room stat. Occasionally the receiver will indicate that it has got a signal, but turning up the set room temperature fails to start the CH, although the receiver lights flash briefly as if it is processing a signal. It eventually goes back to all 5 flashing.

When the room stat is reset, the display shows M --- S --- . According to the user manual, it should be something like M 050 S 050, indicating signal strength.

The HW and CH both seem to be otherwise functioning.

I can replace the R/F control units, but before I do that I wanted to be sure that it couldn't be caused by something else, as the units are not cheap.

Has anybody had experience with these?

Sponsored Links
I have said it before and I will say again, how can an rf receiver work when attached to a metal case and surrounded by electrics. They are usually put remote from boiler. So it can easily not get the signal properly even close up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back