S trap toilet loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a loft conversion on my mid terrace, creating a bedroom plus en suite. The bathroom is under the front slope and needs to drain out of the back of the house. We can get sufficient gradient in the toilet outflow for building regs. However, I want the toilet set into the slope, as it will massively improve the bathroom layout because of ceiling height issues. My builder is strongly recommending turning the loo around to face the slope as the outflow pipe will then be heading in the right direction. Would going with an s trap toilet under the slope be silly?

Sponsored Links
you mean sitting with your knees against the tiles?

yes, ridiculous.

Draw us some pictures.

Why not put the bathroom on the left and the bedroom on the right?

Sponsored Links
Because the bedroom will have large sash windows facing onto the quiet back garden, rather than under a couple of veluxes fronting the road.

As long as you've got enough fall on it I can't see there being any issues. Toilet wastes do flow surprisingly well as long as you don't put anything silly down them.

So the extra bend on an s trap compared to a standard p trap is not an issue?

no issue at all :idea: and the " holy Grail " of 1in 40 fall isn`t an issue either .( but you stated you`re OK there ;) ) my present loo ( in a bungalow ) is a S trap then a 90 bend followed by 2x 45s into the salt glazed then a 90 and about 1 meter later is a backdrop to the manhole :eek: - WC is a Wickes Bog in a Box - low water flush . No problems - cuz it`s only human waste + soft paper down it . Simples :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back