Salus RT500RF communication problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help.

Had my original Salus RT500RF for around 3 years. Worked without any issues until recently the the receiver stopped working. Replaced the receiver that also came with a new handheld unit.
All wired in and the problem I have is the communication between the 2. I am having to switch the receiver off and reset the handheld to get it going. Even then it only works for a a short time. E.g;
To test, I manually adjust the handheld unit to a higher temp, this swithches on the green light at the receiver and the heating kicks in. I can then lower the temp on the handheld unit and the green light will switch off, turning off the heating. If I try again later and raise the temp to nothing happens, the green light doesnt come on at the receiver and heating doesnt kick in. I then reset everything and the above is repeated.

Hope I've explained everthing clearly, if anymore info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
try resetting the link between the two, then try the sender unit in a diferent location - signal can be blocked by physical obstructions.

try resetting the link between the two, then try the sender unit in a diferent location - signal can be blocked by physical obstructions.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have reset without any joy and tried in different rooms without joy. Could be a faulty unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back