salus RT500RF room thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had this thermostat installed and cannot seem to find the on off for it, so I decided to start reading. I have read there is no on off and you have to set the timer for the day, is this corrrect ?

This is abit stupid as you would be forever programming the thing for diffferent season and would waste alot of gas when not in as it would be running the heating .

Sponsored Links
You need to understand how it work better.

You have 5 settings default is 6am, 8am, 4pm, 6pm, 10pm.

You set the required temperature for each period.

Thanks for reply, what about if you want it on in the middle of the night for a one off. I might want my heating on at 25 degrees in january at 6 - 8 but not in april at this temp at 6 - 8. Do I have to set it all over again ?

No for a one off you can over ride it.

During the night for example you can set is down to say 10c, between 10pm and 7am, then say 22c for two hours and so on.

Sponsored Links
My point is, you've no doubt been fussy over your choice of combi yet paired it with the sh*t*est possible brand of thermostat. Personally I'd rather a cheap combi fitted with quality external controls. Best advice, change it for Honeywell RF.

No for a one off you can over ride it.

During the night for example you can set is down to say 10c, between 10pm and 7am, then say 22c for two hours and so on.

Sounds like I will be messing with controls all the time, what about inbetween seasons do you have to keep programming it. The last house I was in had TRV valves and we just turned heating on and off and used these to control temp then off at night. Baffles me why they would not have a on and off on demand.

Is there anyway you can say set it for everyday for every hour toi say 5 degrees then just bypass it all the time by highering the temp up when required ?

Or can I just leave it in temporary override mode without setting any programs and ust alter the temp up and down ?

Is there anyway you can say set it for everyday for every hour toi say 5 degrees then just bypass it all the time by highering the temp up in override mode when required ? But I am guessing when it reaches the next program I will have to keep doing this ?

Or can I just leave it in temporary override mode without setting any programs and ust alter the temp up and down ?

I understand how it works now but just a question to help clarify it for me. Say I set the temp for all defaults to low say 10 degrees or the heating could come on when out unless turning off from receiver by boiler.

This would help as I could just you override mode all the time, but would this take controls out of override when it came to next programme and I would have to keep going to stat to put back in override mde ?

No point in having a room stat if you don't use it as such.

The plans is you program the temperatures you need daily when you need then, for example 6pm to 11pm at say 21c, thats what you'll get.

No point in having a room stat if you don't use it as such.

The plans is you program the temperatures you need daily when you need then, for example 6pm to 11pm at say 21c, thats what you'll get.

I understand but idiot as I may sound I thought all room stats had a on off function without programming, The last house had a honeywell which was a room stat which I never programmed, I just used the on off. I dnt undertand how you can programme a room stat as my heating need are different everyweek. For e.g sometime I am in on a Monday 8 - 10 sometimes I am not. If i programme it to come on 8 - 10 and I am not it its burning gas.

Is there away I can set this so I can use it manually or is it not possible ?

for eg can I set prgramm 1 for everyday say from 6am - 5.59 am to 5 degrees then overide it to use manual ?

the rt500 does have an 'off' switch. press and hold the snowflake button until the snowflake appears bottom lhs side of the screen. to switch back on do the same.

or you can hold the up and down buttons together, that also turns it off. wake it by pushing any button.

or, set the 'off' temp to 5deg. simples!

as for being the shi**est stat on the market. i have fitted loads and never had a problem. i have 'fixed' a few fitted by others who couldnt be bothered to change the frequencies on them when they installed them.........

the rt500 does have an 'off' switch. press and hold the snowflake button until the snowflake appears bottom lhs side of the screen. to switch back on do the same.

or you can hold the up and down buttons together, that also turns it off. wake it by pushing any button.

as for being the shi**est stat on the market. i have fitted loads and never had a problem. i have 'fixed' a few fitted by others who couldnt be bothered to change the frequencies on them when they installed them.........

Thanks for reply, when you turn it off or override mode I understand you can then contol your temp but does it not go out of this mode when the next programme is due. So if I have not set any it will still have defaults so I will be doing this 5 times a day ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back