Saunier Duval Xeon Boiler - no pilot light (and no idea)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Quick disclaimer - I know the sq root of 0 re boilers, electrics etc, and will be calling in an expert but before spending stupid amts of cash wanted to know if there was a quick easy check to ensure I do actually need an expert.

The problem:
Central heating is not working on the above boiler
The pilot light is not on
(CH & water are both turned On and the property has electric supply working)

On the front panel and the manual there are no obvious instructions on how to turn the pilot light back on, does this mean the pilot light cannot be turned on manually easily (e.g. by me)? And does this mean that its advisable to call in an expert? Are there any other checks I can do?

Your expert advice is very much welcomed.

C

Sponsored Links
Most common problem I find on these boilers is the fan packs up. The fan kicks in the pilot. Can you here the fan running or just a faint hum.

What part of dorset are you?

Hello,

there is a slight whirring sound - had to put my ear to it to hear, and when i switch CH on theres a click, but no light.

I live in Bournemouth.

Probably fan -needs checking . if possible you could go outside to flue and see if fan is "exhausting cold air out centre part of terminal."
I am in BH6 if that is close by.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back