Shower internal leak - Essentials Mira

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Can anyone suggest if anything can be done to save our shower without replacing please?

Shower power light went off on front and after taking the front case off there is a small leak coming from the white top part on the black central area near where it has "INLET" printed on the back face (directly underneath the top wall fixing screw). This tripping our earthing switch on the main fuse board.
Is there any way of cleaning or replacing a part to get it back woring. I would rather not replace the entire shower if possible.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Go to
http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares

Find the parts for your shower and also check the questions and answers when you scroll down to the bottom of the parts for the shower.

If you are still unsure you can send them a picture of yours with the leak marked on it (mark your picture in Microsoft paint)

That's the pilot valve that's leaking,
The tripping of the mains is caused by where the water is dripping on to.

Fit a new pilot valve the tripping will stop.

Sponsored Links
I have just replaced the pilot valve on our Mira essentials shower as advised on here however the previous leak has now stopped but when you use the power dial it will not turn off. Had to turn off our stop cock!
After removal of pilot valve it would appear that only one microswitch is being switched by the dial mechanism. Is this supposed to operate in this way?
Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks

I believe the part you replaced had to have a part from the old one switched over because the new part was very slightly different.

From shower Doc:
Unfortunately this Mira essentials pilot valve is now obsolete......However the Mira Sport pilot valve 419.87 is the same only it has a different knob carrier (The white spindle attachment) so if you buy the Sport pilot valve and reuse your old carrier you should again gave a working shower!

When you reused your old carrier did you fit it correctly or otherwise take off and refit some part incorrectly?

I believe the part you replaced had to have a part from the old one switched over because the new part was very slightly different.

From shower Doc:
Unfortunately this Mira essentials pilot valve is now obsolete......However the Mira Sport pilot valve 419.87 is the same only it has a different knob carrier (The white spindle attachment) so if you buy the Sport pilot valve and reuse your old carrier you should again gave a working shower!

When you reused your old carrier did you fit it correctly or otherwise take off and refit some part incorrectly?

Yeah I had already used a rubber washer and the lever for the dial from the previous one. I think I have fixed it by turning down the pressure temperature dial which stopped the flow. Shower is now working like it should but not sure why??? Happy days! Thanks for all the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back