Shower wall plate extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only now after fitting the respotex shower wall panels have I found the thread on the hot side of the wall plate has been damaged.
It was ok when I initially tested the plumbing and the damage consists of 2 1/4" nicks to the end that look as if a grinder has just caught the end, it would have to do it twice from 2 separate angles.
I know the damage was not there when I fitted it & as I don't actually own a grinder I suspect it was done deliberately by the cowboy builder I sacked.
There is no conceivable reason why a grinder would be in the shower area, though he did use one to chamfer the edge of the soil pipe.
Anyway, after trying ptfe, silicone etc there's no way I can stop it weeping so I shall have to reduce the stem down to the good thread using a Dremmel.
The problem is then that there is not enough left sticking out to attach the bar shower neatly unless I trim the wall panel to accept the 'nut'.
What I need is an extension with an internal (female) thread & a male thread.
Is there such a thing?. If there is what's it called ?
Sorry it's so long winded but that's the only way I can describe it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back