Shower Waste - Concrete Floor A Bit of Advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just looking for a spot of advice,

I am looking to install a low profile shower tray onto the ground floor of my house. The property is a 1960's property and has concrete floors.

The damp course membrane that is visible on the outisde of the property is approximately level / 1 course below the interior floor level. I have no idea if I have a polythene sheet or similar under the actual floor.

The Ground level outside the house is around 3 - 4 courses down from the black membrane visible in the wall externally.

The shower waste would therefore need to be channeled into the floor and exit under the black membrane, I have the tools to do this, I was intending to cut two strips into the floor then remove the middle with a cango / sds drill. I would then core drill in from the outside into the cut on the inside so that I can run a 2" pipe through the wall.

What I want to make sure of is, would I likely find the damp membrane going this deep into the floor? If so do I cut through it? Can I then repair it - reseal it with something like this? http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Bitumen-Based-Damp-Proof-Membrame-Liquid-5L/p/241217

The shower waste is around 1.5 metres from the external wall it needs to exit. I udnerstand a 40mm fall per metre is normal?

Any guidance very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back