Single & Double Panel Query as well as valve question to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll go with the important one first & then the one just out of curiosity...

Q1:

Time to put the radiators back on the wall after the living room had been totally replastered.
I was having a clean up & noticed crud down the valve thing on what'd be the left side of the radiator..

Same with the other in the living room...

How vital is it that this is clear?

I've hoovered it out & now i can't really see anything down there, so i think it's clear but can't be 100%.

Just didn't want to fit everything back in case it had to be clear. I've already ballsed up with the radiators which cost me £80 for the guy to take 20 mins repairing.

Q2:

I don't know whether they're called double panel & single panel but that's what they look like to me.
Why would you have one over the other - just curiosity, nothing more.

We have a big single panel one under our window in the living room (room is 7mtr-x-3.5mtr):

And in the far corner there's a small double panel one:

I was just wondering why you'd take one over the other? I imagine the double panel ones would be better, so not sure why they wouldn't be fitted throughout, or vice-versa if single panel ones were to be better?

Sponsored Links
Q1 = Thats just the threads that the rad cover cap retaining screw fixes into. So doesnt really mater if has some carp in it

Q2 = Double rads give out more heat than single rads. You wouldnt want (without TRVs) double rads everywhere as the place would be sweltering. Rads are (supposedly) sized to heat each room by the rooms heat loss

Thanks.

Now just to get it connected back up again. The big one should (he says) be ok.
It's the smaller one i'm not sure about. I bent the pipe so the plumber ended up cutting it down & now i think it's angled funny in relation to the rad.

That 10mm copper pipe is pretty crappy stuff. Would be better if it was thicker, or different material, but hey ho, it's what we have. Fingers crossed i don't knacker it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back