soil branch into floor height problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys
I have a soil pipe coming out the ground and have a run of about 2m to my toilet. I was hoping to use a branch connection as I have to attach more waste into this as well as extend up for an aav.

I need to get the 90 degree soil connection as low to the ground as possible, do I need to chisel out around the pipe so that I can use a push fit Female connection on top or is there an alternative, ideally a male connection that can connect inside the soil so that I can just cut it flush to the floor?

Sponsored Links
McAlpine DC-1 will fit inside the pipe, but using that plus a 90 ° junction may not allow sufficient fall on the pipework across to the pan.... Probably better to chisel the floor out a bit, maybe worth a look at solvent weld soil fittings, slimmer profile so less to chisel out.

If using solvent weld though make sure it's in the right place, there's no room for adjustment once the glue takes effect! :eek:

Yes that's pretty much what I was looking for only it needs to be 4" T then I can perhaps use bosses for other connections. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back