Soil Stack Connection Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like to pup a new connection into the soil stack, see attached photo to show the location circled in red. The diameter of that boss is ~44mm yet I want to connect a 40mm solvent pipe to it (43mm OD). I've been looking for boss adaptors, but these would all be the wrong sizes, can I just solvent weld into it (after cutting a hole!)

Cheers.

M

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pete, can you be a little more convincing?

What is the make of the 4" tee you want to cut into ?

Sponsored Links
Yes go for it big style my son. Offer up the 40mm solvent weld pipe to it and it should be a snug fit, if so core it out and weld it in.

Pete

That's more like it Pete.

So is a straight weld they way it's meant to me done? I see the current style ones all seem to have an adaptor boss first, but the ID of the boss is much bigger...

You can get all diff sizes with diff manufacturers, floplast, Hunter, wavin the list goes on. Generally you only use an insert on a strap on boss so if the sleeve on your soil pipe is a good fit with a 40mm pipe or even a coupling if it is loose go for it.

If you need any more encouragement I will send up the cheer leaders :LOL:
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back