solar hot water cylinder - direct and indirect thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Santon Premier Plus solar hot water cylinder.

It has 2 plastic housing covers on it's side. The lower is for the solar heating temperature probe so I know what is happening with that one.

I have attached an image of the top cover.

According to the manual it contains 2 thermostats. The small brass wheel ( 1-5 ) is the indirect thermostat which, I think, sets the maximum temp of the hotwater cylinder. I'm not sure what is going on with the other direct thermostat. ( blue plastic wheel thing 1-5 )

I'm assuming it's something to do with an immersion heater ? I am also assuming that it isn't connected up as we're missing a cable to supply it !?

I am not planning to make any changes to the system. This is purely Information only at this time.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You assume correctly ;)

Matt

Hi Matt

At the risk of looking completely ignorant
Is the round item with the blue plastic thermometer actually
A heating element which is not wired up ? Ie immersion heated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes it is, well acually it is the plug on thermostat for the element but the connections are made to it.

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back