toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts

Just fitting a new cistern on my downstairs loo and have a couple of quick questions:

I notice the flush has a second hole in the top next to the hole where the lever pulls up the plunger - is this an internal overflow - haven't seen one like this before?

Secondly, the inlet valve is a Macdee DVC0300 - I removed the securing clip as instructed to adjust the height (this clip is a small plastic pronged job) and, for the life of me can't see where to push it back in? The diagram shows an approximate placing but shows an impossible angle compared to my valve body and I don't want to force and break it. I removed this clip in situ so didn't see where it was exactly and have now got the whole thing on the table in front of me and there doesn't seem any gap big enough between the internal cylinder and the external body of the valve.

I tried it without the securing clip as twisting the internal cylinder locks it in place but the water pressure just pushed the whole thing to max height so obviously the clip is essential.

Your advice much appreciated and A Happy New Year to all of those experts on DIYnot who have helped me over the years.

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
I notice the flush has a second hole in the top next to the hole where the lever pulls up the plunger - is this an internal overflow -
No, it's probably a dual-flush syphon.
Is it mainly blue with a white upstand?

The body is white and just the top is blue. The hole is level with the plunger hole and right next to it so I thought it was possibly an overflow as I couldn't see another function for it?

Sponsored Links
I removed the securing clip as instructed to adjust the height (this clip is a small plastic pronged job) and, for the life of me can't see where to push it back in?

Sorry for bringing up the old topic, but same problem here. I sort of remembered where the clip was, but just cannot push it back in.

It seems to work without the clip for me, but I'd rather have it back where it was.

Steve, did you finally manage to replace the clip?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back