Toilet Double Flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm experiencing a problem with my toilet where the toilet double flushes. It flushes once (you do have to hold it down) then the cistern fills up above the overflow pipe and essentially reflushes very slowly for over a minute before the water level drops to beneath the top of the overflow pipe. I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with it!

I've not been able to identify the toilet brand, however it has a Fluidmaster 400 Series Inlet Float Valve which rises when flushed. I assume the problem is linked to this. It does rise up to the top after first flush to hit the top cap but water keeps rising. I've felt around the valve and it seems solid, I can't see or feel anything obviously wrong with it. Perhaps I need it replaced, but I could with do with some advice to narrow the problem down.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back