Toilet flushing problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In recent weeks it is becoming a frequent problem that on flushing the toilet is not getting rid of "solids" on the first flush, 1 in 3 times you need to flush twice.

I have checked that the water level in the cistern is at the correct level, there are no leakages around the siphon and although we live in a hard water area, the bowl is free of lime scale.

Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Get rid of the syphon, fit a Fluidmaster flapper valve.
Adjust properly. It is dual flush, so short for yellow, long for brown.

I have a fairly new pan (4years old) with the flapper finely tuned and normal number twos go away with the short flush of around 3 litres. Big bigjobs need a bit more.

Sponsored Links
Your problem may also be a blocked water ways around the rim of the pan, get a mirror and check for any blockages of ports or tiny holes from where the water streams out from, under the rim, the sides have smaller stream and the front and back have stronger streams or water flow to flush your bits you deposit !:LOL:

I know this from experience. I have cleared a few pans using a wire hanger to clear out!

Oh I should have added if by replacing the torn diaphragm in the cistern does not make any difference then check the pan water ways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back