Toilet pipes are approx 1cm too short after tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to all this diy and was looking for some help. I have tiled my bathroom so gone from lino to tiles. This has raised the toilet up by about 10-15mm in total. To allow the pan outlet and soil pipe to connect for the additional height I was going to to get an offset connector which i think will work.

However the pipe providing water to the cisten is still just too short. It is a metal pipe which comes straight from the concrete floor (Ground floor bathroom). What is my best option here? Is there an extension which i can put on which will extend the pipe by such a short distance or do I have to cut the existing pipe and attach a new section??

Any help would be greatly apprechiated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there an isolation valve on the pipe coming out of the floor.
If there is you can take the pipe out from above the valve and replace with a longer section of pipe.
If there isn't a valve you could buy one. A 15mm isolation valve is what you need. This will give you a bit of pipe to play with so you can cut it down to size.

Sponsored Links
Another stupid question for you but how do I cut the pipe. I obviously turn off the water etc. but can I use a saw on it or do I have to get a special pipe cutter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back