Toilet waste pipe 90 degree connection at outer wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builders and I parted ways before our bathroom refurbishment was complete, so I'm plumbing the toilet waste in myself and got a bit stuck.

Where the soil pipe exits the outer wall I need to have a 90 degree horizontal bend, i.e. turning out of the wall directly to the side to run along and join the soil stack to the side.

The builders have left a 110mm hole in the wall which is just wide enough to accommodate a 110mm soil pipe. The builders had already bought pipes for the job including one of these

69548.jpg

so as it stands, connecting the 110mm pipe protruding from the wall to the 90 degree access bend would leave the outside pipe too far from the wall.

Having looked at other installations the 90 degree bend out of the wall is cemented in place, meaning I cannot see any connection.

Having looked around at different possibilities, something like this

prqx0505-zn.jpg

but I would still have to hack at the wall to get a 110 coupling in place like this

H9504_435224_00_PP_300Wx300H

Am I missing something here, or is it simply a case of 110mm pipe from inside to a coupler then 90 degree polypipe at exterior to connect to stack?

:confused:

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I can't see what the problem is. Connect the access bend to a piece of pipe and push it into the hole in the wall so that the joint is buried in the wall. That way it should line up with the connection to the stack surely?

I can't see what the problem is. Connect the access bend to a piece of pipe and push it into the hole in the wall so that the joint is buried in the wall. That way it should line up with the connection to the stack surely?

Yes that would work, I just wondered if I was missing something, because of the way that the builders left the job, with a clean 110mm hole cut. If I want to bury the joint I need to hack a 115mm hole to accommodate it. I would have expected them to cut a hole the right size for the job in the first place and assumed a 110mm hole would do it. It's all new to me and I'm just trying to pick up the pieces of the job.

As kbdiy says, enlarge the hole slightly for the fitting to recess into, connect up to the stack, then test by either fitting your toilet or a 90 deg pan connector turned upwards then chucking a bucket of water down it. If all good, cement around the fitting on the outside.

If its a perfect round hole then the builders may have used a cutter (maybe that's the only size they had) with the intention of enlarging it on the outside.

Sponsored Links
As kbdiy says, enlarge the hole slightly for the fitting to recess into, connect up to the stack, then test by either fitting your toilet or a 90 deg pan connector turned upwards then chucking a bucket of water down it. If all good, cement around the fitting on the outside.

If its a perfect round hole then the builders may have used a cutter (maybe that's the only size they had) with the intention of enlarging it on the outside.

I've been out there and enlarged the hole for the access bend as you both suggested, if I were to do it from scratch (knowing what I know now) I would have used a 115mm cutter as the hole was right in a corner and a real bugger to hack and drill.

Thanks for the leak test tip as well, I'll be sure to try that before connecting the toilet. :mrgreen:

If you have a flexi connector by chance, that would be even better as you can get a real plug of water down there for testing. Chuck some toilet paper down there too to ensure everything is moving along ok and there are no leaks.

If you have a flexi connector by chance, that would be even better as you can get a real plug of water down there for testing. Chuck some toilet paper down there too to ensure everything is moving along ok and there are no leaks.

Will do squeaky, cheers mate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back