Trianco Eurostar Combi Boiler Thermostats!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 15 year old model that doesn't appear to have a thermostat control for the temperature of the tap water, the water is scalding and the thermostatic shower can no longer cope with the extreme temperatures its kicking out. Does anyone know where the thermostat is so we can turn it down?

The manuals don't show these items, is it factory set? Has something gone wrong and can we fix it ourselves?

Failing that I need a reasonable quote for a TRAINED engineer in the Dumfries area.

Best Regards

Sponsored Links
From the top of the boiler, just forward and to the left of the flue, the DHW thermostat phial should be pushed into its socket - its set at 60 deg by the manufacturer.
The phial has yellow markings, I believe......matches me eyes :p
AGBO supply, if I recall.
John :)

Thanks John, I'm not at the house but will send instructions back with my father-in-law to check if we can see it. Is it then a simple enough task to exchange it if we need to? (given the fact you say it is set at 60degrees by the factory it must be faulty)

The problem we appear to have is that this boiler is set into the kitchen work surface in a corner at ground level and therefore access is very restricted. The flue passes from the back of the unit straight through the back wall of the house. I suspect we are looking at this unit from the side!

Will follow instructions and see where we go - many thanks.

Dave

Sponsored Links
From memory, this 'stat is only accessible from the top of the boiler - its pushed into a socket and retained with a clip on the end.
In theory, the socket should be filled with a heat sinking compound to ensure that it makes a good contact but in practice this isn't always the case.
The stat connects to its electrical connection on the front panel, via a long copper tube that you don't alter. Costs around £20 I think and ABGO are on 01902 379 379.
Look for any markings before you order the stat - they are most helpful.
Their part numbers seem to be 2363 or 2364.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back