Triton stabiliser valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm at my wits end with our shower and am hoping someone can help, here goes.

A little while ago i noticed water pouring out of the bottom of our triton t80si shower, coming from inside the case. I took the cover off and turned it on and water was squirting out of the stabiliser valve where the top bit screws on

I bought a new seal thing for inside the top section and fitted it but it still leaked. Then i got a whole new stabiliser valve and fitted that but it still leaks!

Is it possible the pressure is just too high? If i take the whole shower hose off where it joins to the case, and turn it on, there is no leak :confused:

I did buy an eco shower head that is supposed to reduce the water that comes out, but this has been working for ages.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I did buy an eco shower head that is supposed to reduce the water that comes out, but this has been working for ages.

Get rid of it they are not designed for elecy showers.
Elecy showers are not surpose/designed to have the outlet flow restricted.
Restricting the outlet side will just cause pressure build up and cause either the prd or the weakest point to fail.

Thanks seco services. My wife suggested that very thing, ill never hear the end of it now. :rolleyes:

We have arranged to borrow another shower head just to make sure before we spend any more money on this bloomin' shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back