trouble filling rad with sentinel thru blanking plug route

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a sealed system and attempted to fill rad using the eezyfill applicater (basically a funnel which screws into the 1/2" blanking plug at top of rad. the rad is a 600x500 bathroom rad with 2 lockshield valves. i closed both rads and emptyied about 100mls of water thru bleed valve and then no more water came out

i managed to fit the funnel no bother but when filling i only managed to get about 200-300mls of sentinel in rad before the liquid just sat in the funnel and was not draining into the rad. was maybe the plug area blocked or is the rad of this size not suitable to hold 1litre of sentinel? what can i do to rectify this?

Sponsored Links
i closed both rads and emptyied about 100mls of water thru bleed valve and then no more water came out

You need to crack open the joint between rad valve and chrome tail that goes into rad. You won't drain much from a bleed valve, as it's at the top of the rad. You also need bleed valve open whilst draining to break the vacuum.

When you have drained out enough plus a bit extra, you need to tighten the rad valve union, open bleed valve fully and remove blank plug at other end to add Sentinel there.

You did well !!!!!!

You drained out 100ml and got 200/300 in, drain some more out.

Was thinking exact same gigz perhaps its cause he can still get his 38 waist in to 34 jeans he thought he could squeeze it in ;)

Sponsored Links
my brother was was explaining his feed and expansion tank system to me of which i dont have one

how many litres are in a f and e tank? must be so much easier for him to get inibitor in!

my brother was was explaining his feed and expansion tank system to me of which i dont have one

how many litres are in a f and e tank? must be so much easier for him to get inibitor in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back