Trying to find 1" (one inch) rubber tap washer - any id

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am trying to source a 1" rubber tap washer, and am struggling somewhat. Have tried local merchants such as PTS, but have only succeeded in confusing their staff who assure me that I require a 3/4 inch washer despite the fact that I showed them the tap and the failed 1" washer :rolleyes:
Partridges of Hadleigh list a washer on their website with an external diameter of "25.11mm (0.988in) approx", however I ordered a couple which arrived today, and are actually standard 3/4 inch...
So, has anyone got any ideas where I could find one, or any suppliers who carry obsolete tap parts?
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
could you not cut your own? you could use something more durable than rubber, nylon-66 or PTFE.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
The washer you require is possibly a 3/4" BS1010 tap washer which is, there or thereabouts, 1" diameter.
So, the local merchants were possibly right, but not explaining themselves very well.

Forget the nationals, which are normally staffed by numpties, and stick with local independants. Generally more knowledgeable IMHO.

3/4" tap washer measures 1".

Whereas a 1" tap washer measures 11/4".

I have both in the tap washer box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back