Two showers - does it have to be a pressure vessel pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...following an updated installation I have a problem using two showers as I could before. We don't run both showers at the same time, but only use one shower after each other. When we have used one shower it effects if the other can start up afterwards. The start is very delayed or can only be made to happen by turning the thermostatic valve knobs side to side several times.

If we just stick to using one of the showers it starts up straight away every time.

Old installation had two showers, one in the main and other in en-suite, both tee'd off one Bristan Jetforce 55 and using Mira valves. We never had this problem.

The new installation is practically the same except for replacement thermostatic valves (Phoenix SV024) and new shower heads.

I'm told that the pump is at fault, and I must change it to a pressure vessel type. This may well work fine, but could flow resistance of the Phoenix valves be the true problem and if so is there a simpler fix?

Sponsored Links
Looking at the installation document that came with the valve it talks about balancing them when setting up...not sure what this involves, but wonder if it's possible to available restrict the flow rate when doing this?

sorry, my typo, should have read

"to restrict the available flow rate when doing this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back