Unable to pressurize the system? HE Tribune 150

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all I wonder if someone could help,

I just went to run a cold tap and it was at about half the pressure it was an hour ago. I went upstairs and checked the water pressure in the system and it was only at about 0.75 bar so I opened the valves to get more pressure but there was nothing...no noise or anything.

Being an idiot it was then I chose to drain the rest of what pressure i had in the system DOH and it now sits at 0 with the water is still only at about half pressure from the taps.

What could prevent me from pressurizing the system? Could there be a problem locally with the water board and the pressure has been cut or something? (I dont know lol, just throwing out ideas lol) I guess this wouldnt affect my system though.........any ideas would be gratefully received. The pressure dropped a few months ago and went back to normal the next day so I wish I just left the *&*&*&*& alone lol

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update......water pressure is still at 0. Ive got heating and hot and cold water throughout the house still, albeit at about half the pressure.

When i just went to open those valves again to try and get pressure in the sytem it started making a weak noise like it does when it is pressurizing..........almost like its trying too? I really dont understand what that loop does but it doesnt appear to be working lol

Thanks again :cool:

I dont know why I dont check these things first :(

Ive just checked Yorkshire Water and our village comes up as no/ low pressure......thankgod for that lol Im guessing its just a case of wait for them to fix it and i should be able to pressurize the system again........ah well, the thread might help someone else in the future lol

Thanks

Just a thought.....theres still low pressure in the taps and the system still wont pressurize, is there a chance it could be a co-incidence? I mean obviously theres a fault in the area causing low pressure to households but would that prevent me from pressurizing my own individual system?

As you can prob tell, i dont know much about anything so apologies for anything stupid I may say lol

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I feel like im talking to myself so please feel free to step in at any point lol

Now we have no water. Im guessing no ones responding because anyone who's read with any knowledge thinks it will be resolved when the incident is cleared up. No water at all though......it must be the incident?

If you have heating and water no point worrying about anything.
You won't be able to top up pressure of heating system to anything more than what pressure is coming in through mains already. Once mains is repaired by authorities you will get more pressure into property, therefore will be able to top up heating also.

Usually the web sites give a restore time.

After 5 pm it often ends up being in the early hours of the morning!

Some smaller areas are supplied via electric pumps and a power failure or pump overload needs to be sorted.

Tony

Thanks for the reply mate, its really helpful.

Yeah I think I only had water before because it was just what was left in the pipes (i should have said that before). I have no water now but its no big problem at 10.45pm....i'll just let the authorities do their repairs and hope its on when we wake up lol

When I first posted earlier about not being able to pressurize the system up I wasnt aware of the fault in my area...I guess I was just after confirmation now that once theyve got the water back on I "should" be able to top up the pressure again.........which youve just done so thanks again, really appreciated. I can relax again now lol :D

Anyone suspecting a problem should always check their kitchen cold tap as this is directly connected to the mains supply!

Tony

Usually the web sites give a restore time.

After 5 pm it often ends up being in the early hours of the morning!

Some smaller areas are supplied via electric pumps and a power failure or pump overload needs to be sorted.

Tony

Yeah on the website it just says they're investigating the fault.....no specific restore time but like you say im not going to wait up for it. I'll just pray we have water in the morning lol Cheers mate

Anyone suspecting a problem should always check their kitchen cold tap as this is directly connected to the mains supply!

Tony

Ahhhh, well thats the one I ran for a while before and although it had half the pressure, it didnt run dry as such. I guess the incident maybe got worse so theyve shut the water off completely now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back