uncapped pipes in airing cupboard after combi conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all! it is my first post here so nice to meet you :)
ive been living in my house for about 6 months now and ive noticed that in the airing cupboard upstairs there is a copper pipe in the ceiling looking pretty mangled but open, which drips water sometimes, my best guess so far is that it happens when the heating has been on for a good few hours. the house was converted to combi some time ago, boiler looks like a 90s relic. thing is, the inside of the cupboard isnt damp at all or showing any kind of water damage so im wondering why this pipe has started dripping now? cant see any other piping in the cupboard but the floor is covered in boxes etc; im assuming the pipe in the ceiling would be the cold feed from a tank in the loft (which i cant access) and the hot would have been coming out in the bottom somewhere but i'm no plumber! other worrying factor is the cable which used to power the cylinder is still in the cupboard coming from a plate with no switch, cant see the end but knowing my landlord its an insulated tape jobby so im not touching it, water and electric is bad bad. any advice would be well appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It's impossible to say without seeing where the pipe goes. We would need to see some pictures of where the pipe is coming from to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back