Unvented cylinder with Johnson and Starley water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a J&S warm air heater (Economaire 32) and their water heater, which at the moment heats a vented cylinder in the airing cupboard. The cylinder needs replacing, and I'm thinking about an unvented replacement.

Have had a couple of quotes from heating engineers that do warm air, one of which installed the J&S system, as I reckoned it would be better to have the same guys who know about the warm air fit the cylinder. Trouble is, it's been a nightmare just to get them to quote me, and neither has measured the flow rate of the water coming in, which I read on here is important. Also, one company said we'd be limited by the height of our roof, and the other didn't, and one said we'd need the loft hatch widened, and the other didn't. Basically, judging by them being a bit crap so far, I don't have much faith in the work that they'll do.

My question is whether it's OK to get a system fitted by a heating engineer who doesn't do warm air? Are the two systems separate enough that it doesn't matter?

It costs a lot of money, and I want to have faith in the people who are doing the work, which at the moment I don't.

Cheers,

Luke

Sponsored Links
Where in kent are you? I'm sure there are a few ' warm air and unvented ' qualified guys around.

Sponsored Links
Not my patch, good luck with find a decent installer.
You've obviously done some research, list the things you need to know, is pessure ok, flow rate location size etc. if answers arent forthcoming, try someone else, ask friends if they know anyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back