Vaillant boiler 824 - no hot water in taps, heating is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping someone might be able to help. I have a 5-year old Vaillant ecoTECH 824 combi boiler. The heating works fine but I am having issues with the hot water, it keeps on going cold.

After around 30 seconds of having the shower or any hot tap on, the boiler temperature drops from 75 degrees to around 30 degrees. If I turn off the hot water tap/shower the temperature in the boiler goes back up to around 75 degrees. If I turn on the hot tap again, it slowly drops. Again, the heating works fine and the boiler pressure appears fine.

We have had a plumber come out three times and he has not been able to resolve the issue. I know he has cleared the system of sludge and changed the motherboard but that doesn't seem to help.

I keep on reading about possibly needing a new heat exchanger? I am slightly losing my mind as this issue has been going on for almost two months now. Might anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back