Vaillant ecotec not switching to hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's an 837 model, about 6 years old. CH works fine but no hot water. Did the following but now need help.

1) Opened up the front to find diverter valve has a leak
2) Stepper motor seemed to work when switching between HW and CH but action seemed poor and thread was in poor condition.
3) Replaced diverter valve (original not available but recommended replacement used)
4) on reconnection I have the same problem. CH but not hot water. I can manually switch to hot water by pulling the diverter pin when motor removed
5) It seems the motor is always driven outwards, even when switching to HW when it should be pulled in
6) wiring to PCB seems OK.

Can only suspect the PCB at this point.

Any help greatly appreciated

Mark

Sponsored Links
Fitted new PCB which has sorted it. Thanks for the confirmation. Cost of parts was the same as Vaillants fixed price parts and labour call out. You can't win them all but at least I have a better understanding of how my boiler works.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back