Vaillant ecoTec Plus 615 Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this boiler fitted last year winter so when i did have it switch on the heating was on with the hot water,
now its summer just notice a big issue,
i can't turn the hot water on by itself, only way i can turn it on is with the heating being switch on,
leaving the hot water on at the switch or by turning the knob does nothing,
if i turn the heating knob it instantly switch on,
i have turned off the switch on all the radiators in the house but the hallway radiator doesn't have a switch so stays on,
have had 2 repairs booked first time the guy said it needs a new part,
came back and change the part over but still have the same problem,
2nd time flushed the system but same issue,

need help finding the cause of this problem so when i book in the problem i can make sure the repair guy fixes it....

Sponsored Links
your employing idiots. One idiot to fit the boiler incorrectly and 2 more to incorrectly diagnose the problem. i suggest a different method in how you select people, its probably wired up incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
We read about a lot of nupty installations on here!

I always wonder if they are choses just because they are cheap or have the gift of the gab to talk up their capabilities!

Also what does the engineer say when he has power flushed for £300 and it does not solve the problem and you refuse to pay? You did refuse I hope?

Tony

its a common feature of vaillant boilers that unless you use their controls on system boilers that the knob for hot water does nothing...

don't blame the installers too much..using vaillant controls does make things more expensive, but significantly better, but probably you did not want to spend too much...

the public have to decide if they want decent installs or cheap installs... most favour the first...and then start complaining when they find blips like this...

Cost have nothing to do with it,
Just trying out the cause of the problem so can tell the repair guy and get it fixed....

its an easy one to diagnose, you just need some one who understands heating systems...

Where do you find the people who have visited

your employing idiots. One idiot to fit the boiler incorrectly and 2 more to incorrectly diagnose the problem. i suggest a different method in how you select people, its probably wired up incorrectly.

Yes, I would also like to know how you choose these people.

But at least full marks for not paying the flushing guy !

But what part was changed and did you pay for that when it did not solve the problem?

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back