vaillant ecotec plus 618 water not hot enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, even though the temp setting is turned up to the max, the hot water is only at about 40 degrees celsius. It definitely used to get a lot hotter.

Any idea what the problem may be before I have to fork out for an engineer. I have read that maybe the flow rate needs to be reduced to get hotter water but like I said, it used to be much hotter. The pressure gauge reads at 12 o' clock, right at the top end of the dark grey zone just before it goes into the red. Could this be the problem as I was told before to keep that needle in the mid section of the dark grey area. If so, how to reduce pressure in the system?

Thanks for any ideas

Galerina

Sponsored Links
You're confusing the 618 for a combi, which it's not.

Hi again.

I realise it's not a combi with instant hot water, it's got a tank. The hot water is still a lot cooler than it used to be though.

What's the stat on the hot water tank set to?

Tried turning it up a notch?

Sponsored Links
I guess the rads are a bit cooler as well. The thermostat on the tank itself is set to 60 c. Should I still try turning that up. thanks for answering!

Does the temp display alter on the boiler display when you move the boiler CH thermostat dial? (bottom one)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back