vaillant ecotec plus 824 gas boiler hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an issue with my boiler..The hot water seems to be diverting to the radiators.There is no error code on the screen.The radiators luckily are working fine.I am getting hot water but not enough for a shower.From the symptoms it does seem the diverter is gone but I had a new diverter valve put in because the old one was leaking.I get the valve from ebay from a reputable seller.I contacted the seller on ebay and he says the valve was brand new which seemed it was.I do get hot water but it starts to go cold and then hot.Also the heaters are getting hot when the hot tap is open.The temperature keeps fluctuating between hot and cold when the taps are open.The radiator pipe that comes out of the boiler gets hot but the pipe that carries the water to the taps isnt that hot which means that the hot water is diverting to both sides the rads and the taps.

Sponsored Links
I have posted int eh FAQ how to check the diverter valve.

It sounds as if your plate heat exchanger is blocked.

When that happens it increases pump pressure across the diverter valve and that can cause some water to go towards the rads even if the diverter valve is OK.

Are the holes in the div valve the larger ones?

Tony

I rang a friend who came round who seems to know a lot more about these things than me and he said the motor doesnt seem to be doing anything on the diverter valve.He says the pcb is most likely at fault which isnt sending anthing to the valve.He says the diverter valve is just buzzing and not opening or shutting.Had tried it on a another motor from a diverter valve and the motor was just buzzing not opening or shutting or moving at all.
The diverter valve part no is 0020132682

Sponsored Links
If it does turn out to be the board how much should I be expecting to pay for the board and having it fitted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back