Vaillant EcoTec plus 831 hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 combi boiler which has been running without problems for about 1 year. Suddenly we started getting only cold water from the hot water taps. First switched boiler off and on which seemed to correct the problem. Since then it has happened on and off. It seems to stop working after a period of the heating being on which has not been affected. No fault codes are showing on the unit and pressure is also fine. After going through fault diagnostics the only thing I can identify is that the Hot water circulation pump does not show on (D.13 on diagnostic level 1) when the hot taps are on full even though the hot water demand shows as on (D.22). The strange thing is that the hot water seems to go through the rads as they get hot even when there is no demand. It's not stopped working even after re-starting the boiler so may have heating but no hot water! Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No not mine or 831 as this custards in Kent, mark is old school too tho lol! My web site not hard to find tho! The ex engineers alliance is is countywide!

No not mine or 831 as this custards in Kent, mark is old school too tho lol! My web site not hard to find tho! The ex engineers alliance is is countywide!

Thank god it is and thank god for all you genuine ex Vaillant engineers out there ;)

Joe King, how old is the boiler?

You say its worked OK for the last year but what happened before that?

Tony

Boiler only 1 year old and has been working fine. Got up this morning and the hot water wasn't working again. This time after turning the boiler off & on it worked again.

OK well in that case it should be covered by the warrantee!

Its unusual in my experience for the latest diverter valve as in your boiler to fail. But of course anything can fail !

Call Vaillant and give them the serial number of the boiler. Hopefully the installer completed the Benchmark Certificate as the engineer might want to see that.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back