Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 f81 f91 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has developed this fault which I see is well documented. It has started intermittently shutting down with this fault over the last week.

Vaillant have advised me over the phone that it could be the storage pump that is needing replacing and that the fault codes mean that the boiler is taking too long to bring the storage cylinder up to temperature.

They have quoted £330 to come out and fix (£250 + vat) whether it is this or a smaller fix. The boiler is 6 years old and has been trouble free, however, I do think this seems very expensive. They told me that if I look elsewhere and it is the storage pump the boiler needs to be dismantled and may end up costing more if someone else does it. Just wondered if this was sales patter and any recommendations whether to go vaillant or risk someone else to reduce the costs a bit.

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
Because £330 is a lot of money to me ?? - in theory it could be something really simple that takes 30 mins to fix. I'm not knocking paying a quality tradesman but it is an awful lot of money

Pay it mate these are a right pig to work on an not many know how... It will cover everything til fixed within reason

Sponsored Links
Put it this way, It could be something else, but it's not likley, and considering the hassle/time a non vaillant guy might take to do it, the labout alone could be more than your current quote. Its a chance you take with these things, but I'd 2nd above a

Because £330 is a lot of money to me ?? - in theory it could be something really simple that takes 30 mins to fix. I'm not knocking paying a quality tradesman but it is an awful lot of money

So what theory could make it something simple?

What exactly are the "simple" faults that you have in mind?

Tony

Well I think last time I called them out it was either a pipe or clip around a pipe and it was something that was faulty on this model so they didn't charge.

Thanks for your help all

Really great helpful forum, although Dan and Tony not so much ...

#Noonelikesasmarta@@e :LOL:

You asked for advice, got advice from professionals and the manufacturers for free, then still whine...

F.81/F.91 faults on your age of appliance would require an expert Vaillant engineer and at least 90 minutes on site if access around the boiler was sufficient. No disrespect to general boiler repair engineers, but it would take someone all day to sort this problem out.

Take Bunnyman's and SGMan's advice. You are gambling with the unknown just to potentially save some money. Sometimes it's better to back the favourite and have a dead cert... A quality job done by experts for a very good price when hindsight is applied.

Or maybe go with your preferred way, we'll wait for you to come back and tell us it's saved you £200 and the boilers fine. I'm placing my bet now... :rolleyes:

The vaillant group service guys can have the job as far as I'm concerned. :LOL:

Really great helpful forum, although Dan and Tony not so much ...

Actually Dan ( with 24,000 posts ) and Tony ( with 51,000 posts ) are two of the greatest helpers on here!

.... Or the most time on there hands to demonstrate their boiler prowess which they emit with superior toned sarcasm
I was only politely asking for opinions from people with a vaillant boiler who had been in the position that they needed to call in a professional.
Generally vaillant servicing would say they are the best people for the job (economics) but i wanted to check if this was indeed the case.
Those who need to please wind in your necks... You know who you are ;)

Need to change my storage charge pump. Been putting it off ( busmans holiday and all that)Just bought the pump ( rediculous price). Looks like it has a collar to tighten the motor on to the main body with the 2 ports. My question is, as changing the whole unit sounds like a pig of a job, can you undo the collar and just change the motor with the original ports in situ?
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back