Vaillant Ecotec Plus 937 f81 f91 fault

Sponsored Links
You can but it's not recommended. As well as the pump failing the o rings on the connection to the pump have a nasty habit of disintegrating and then leak mains pressure water all over the place. Replacing the pump is DEFINITELY not a diy job. I've changed many over the years and it's a pain in the rear to do.

Sponsored Links
Not much to expand on to be honest. Nope you cant do the head only. And if you could it wouldn't guarantee to fix it as the body needs changing as well as it has built in check valves which can also be the problem.

You can but it's not recommended. As well as the pump failing the o rings on the connection to the pump have a nasty habit of disintegrating and then leak mains pressure water all over the place. Replacing the pump is DEFINITELY not a diy job. I've changed many over the years and it's a pain in the rear to do.

Is it getting to the port facing upwards the pain in the backside bit of the job? Is it easier to take the motor off to get to the top port clip or a case of taking the pipework out in that area so I can get my hands in?

Not much to expand on to be honest. Nope you cant do the head only. And if you could it wouldn't guarantee to fix it as the body needs changing as well as it has built in check valves which can also be the problem.
Ok cheers. Any tips are greatly received. Looks like I'll be booking the day out on this one.

Is, as would be sensible, you have read the whole of this thread you will have read that it is a time consuming and tricky job.

The general advice is to let Vaillant do it at their fixed price!

They made it so let them fix it!

Tony

Just fitted the charge pump. Don't know what the fuss is all about! No word of a lie - 1hr 10mins start to finish (including eating my lunch).

Yep sure, I'm not the type to lie. I have good access under the boiler, and doing yoga helps :) The most fiddley bit was running the wires round the back.

Just fitted the charge pump. Don't know what the fuss is all about! No word of a lie - 1hr 10mins start to finish (including eating my lunch).

What was your lunch?

I like to take at least 40 min for my lunch!

Tony

42.5 minutes for me. Depends how hot my tea is. I find if its 94 or more degrees it takes me a little longer to drink although 8 grams of sugar can aid to cool it a degree or two

Thus making my lunch more like 39 minutes. The added accompaniment of biscuits makes it a little more civil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back