Vaillant ecotec plus boiler part name?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace part of the filler loop on my vaillant ecotec boiler.

Its the part where the mains water enters the system (ive highlighted this in the image) -

Even when the grey tap on the isolation valve is fully closed, water is still getting through to the system causing the pressure to constantly go up. I have isolated it to being this problem by disconnecting the other end of the filler loop and seeing water slowly dripping through when it should not be.

Does anybody know the name of the part I need? I dont know the technical name for it and cant seem to find it anywhere online!

Sponsored Links
Vaillant make up some funny names for their bits!

However, if the left side is turned off and the pressure is still rising then that needs to be replaced as well.

I note there is no grey tap on the left side either!

In spite of all this German high quality engineering they cannot make plastic knobs which dont fail!

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, its tap no 1 which is leaking from the mains supply, this leaks into the filler loop, and thus in turn is leaking into the boiler because that isolation valve has also failed (tap no 2) - causing boiler pressure to constantly rise.

When I disconnected the flexi-hose, water was very slowly dripping from each tap / isolation valve (1 and 2).

I need to know the part numbers or part names as I know there are loads of types of filler loops and valves etc.

Can anyone help with the names? The part on the right is a funny shape and is made up of both valve 1 and 3.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant - thanks David, this is exactly what I need!

Tony said I should replace the left one too (thats also leaking!!) - water dripped out of this when I disconnected the flexi hose - and yes the valve was shut! ;)

Wonder if I can find that too on this site

Thanks again

Brilliant - thanks David, this is exactly what I need!

Tony said I should replace the left one too (thats also leaking!!) - water dripped out of this when I disconnected the flexi hose - and yes the valve was shut! ;)

Wonder if I can find that too on this site

Thanks again

I have edited my post above with a link to the spares catalogue :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back