vaillant ecotec pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi recently had boiler pressure drop so I topped it up with the grey filling taps ,no problems so far but when I went to turn them off both where loose and no longer grip the valves so I shut them off with a screwdriver ,the problem is that the pressure keeps rising causing the pipe out side to drip a lot ,I've checked them both and they both seem to be turned off but every time I drain some water off so it's the correct pressure ,a few hours later it's creeping back up into the red,my system also has a valiant pressurised cylinder ,all I can think is some how it's re-filling the heating system...Also it's a braided filling loop type

Sponsored Links
turn you're main stop cock off - then see if pressure rises, you will more than likely find it stops and you need a new filling loop.

Sponsored Links
turn you're main stop cock off - then see if pressure rises, you will more than likely find it stops and you need a new filling loop.

ok cheers will try that ,is the filling loop a part im allowed to replace or does it require a gas safe person..cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back