Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 / s30 code. No heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been reading a fair few threads on this subject and am preparing myself for what I assume to be the worst case scenario of a faulty PCB.. I've tried most of the suggestions on other threads, other than using a multimeter to check 'pin4' of the PCB..

OK..so I went to test the central heating at the weekend. Found that it isn't working. Hot Water is fine and central heating works in test mode (- and + together - "SH.f").

The status code of boiler when not in test mode, and no hot water is always 's.30'. Am using a wireless thermostat / receiver and am confident that both transmitter & receiver are bonded correctly - can see the appropriate lights flashing on the receiver when i turn the thermostat up or down.

I suspect that either
a) The PCB 'pin 4' isn't responding to the heat on demmand request from the reciever ?
b) somehow, the boiler is stuck in an 'off' position for heating (off/on/timer) ?

The boiler has the mechanical timer with the heating options for on/off/timer on a front removable panel. The mechanical clock is still ticking away, indicating that it doesn't *seem* faulty. Just wondering if anyone knows the part number for this, and how much it will cost, if it does end up being this?

Also, I've found two PCB's with vastly different prices. Which one is correct for my boiler? 0020107811 OR 0020132764. A rough estimate how much the labour would be to replace?

Sponsored Links
Are you getting a voltage from terminal 3? Does your temp dial adjust the temp on the display? Have you tried putting a link between terminal 3/4

Nath

I am surprised that you are asking here when the only way forward is to measure the voltages on pins 3/4 to see if its the RX unit at fault or the boiler as a first step.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back