Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 282 - DHW demand problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a similar problem on this boiler before, where the divertor valve was replaced (just a few years back). The only problem then was the switch lever had broken. I have recently discovered this lever can be bought as a separate item.

My suspicions this time is:
1. The switch lever has again broken.
2. The diaphragm has gone.

Note: the micro switch is fine, the lever is moving very slightly when HW is demanded but is not engaging with the micro switch.

Can anyone tell me if the switch lever can be removed/replaced with the diverter in situ, if i can avoid it I really don't want to be taking the diverter out.

If this is possible can you explain the procedure, I have already removed the micro switch to get closer but I can't see how to remove the lever and I really don't want to break it if it is fine.

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response,

I have replaced the whole diverter valve recently, not just the lever.
If I need to remove the whole diverter first to replace the switch lever then I will check the diaphragm first. Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back