Valliant Boiler - Pressure Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a valliant ecotecpro 28 boiler. The pressure bar is on high - what should I do?

Sponsored Links
How high is it? Is it just high when the heating is on, or all the time? Does it change much when the boiler is heating?

Hi

I have bled the radiator and it is now reading between 3.5 and 3.7 bar. It was as high as 4.7 beforehand and the bar arrow had gone waaaay beyond the red zone. It is still slightly in the red zone.

It does fluctuate when the boiler is on and when I use the hot water or switch on the heating.

Sponsored Links
It should be around 1.5, reduce the pressure to that, disconnect your filling loop and turn off your boiler. If your filling loop doesn't leak and the boiler pressure still rises you have a split heat exchanger

Also the filling loop is still on. I had the boiler installed in February and have just moved in. The valve controlled is pointing downwards in the direction of the arrow on the valve. Is this as it should be?

You need to get some pressure out to around 1.5

Use a drain cock u should find one on a downstairs radiator or at the boiler.

My main concern is that there is a safety device in the boiler to sop the pressure getting that high which is obviously not working correctly.
I don't want to scare you but at 4.7 bar if you use it, it could be potentially dangerous

I would strongly recommend not using the boiler until you have had it check by a gas safe registered engineer

No, the filling loop should be turned off, otherwise the pressure will continually rise and be dumped out of your pressure relief valve. If it's been on since February you've effectively had a cold tap turned on running water away since then, hope you haven't got a water meter or your bill is going to be astronomical...

Also the filling loop is still on. I had the boiler installed in February and have just moved in. The valve controlled is pointing downwards in the direction of the arrow on the valve. Is this as it should be?

No turn it off

The handle should be 90deg to the valve

Also the filling loop is still on. I the pressure has reduced since I have bled the radiator so will try removing the loop to see if the helps bring it down further.

Cannot remove as it is too tight, but think I should get it checked. Thanks anyway.

Got British in and they drained system and checked installation. Everything was fine, but today no hot water to the shower. Water is coming out but is cold. The boiler does nor recognise that I am demanding hot water. Pressure seems fine. Hot water fine in basin and bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back