Very Old Shower Mixer Valve alternatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just renting a flat to find a very old Shower Mixer Valve needs replacing due to 'limescale damage', we have a budget off £500 by the landlord to sort out

The two copper pipes shown in picture are a Hot and Cold feed from the immersion heater with good pressure. The existing valve works but very slow, when I take the pipes off the valve its good pressure

I have looked at Electric Showers but would need to rewire and replace the fuse box as theres no electric feed to the bathroom so thats out

New bathroom suite was quoted with fitting £4k so thats out

* Could I just get a similar valve to the one in the picture to resolve?
* Power shower pump in airing cupboard with Titon Shower (not electrics to bathroom)
* Any other alternatives?

Thanks

http://stevemorgan.co.uk/linkfiles/old-shower-mixer-valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
An exquisite installation :eek:
Consider a thermostatic mixer shower, exposed valve type, that will work on low pressure (0.1 - 0.2 bar). The Mira Mini Lite is around £170 but there are loads to choose from.
Look at the specification and it will probably give you a flow rate in litres i.e Flow rate at 0.1 bar = 10 litre / min, open outlet.
The water inlets can usually be swivelled to give above, back or below access but do check.
John :)

Wow that's some sexy pipework right there :LOL:

Any exposed-valve mixer shower designed for low pressure systems will do, but stick to good makes such as Mira, Aqualisa, Grohe or Hansgrohe

Aqualisa digital visage pumped, compressor in cupboard job done and will losse that awfull pipework. Hps do them starting from £200 up and about a hour to fit in some instances.

Sponsored Links
http://stevemorgan.co.uk/linkfiles/old-shower-mixer-valve.jpg

old-shower-mixer-valve.jpg

Slow with the DIY, eh Steve! Still the same over a year later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back